HEY EVERYONE!!! This week has been an eye opener for me. I realized that my time is quickly running out. When Elder Rock showed me that my Itinerary was is I realized that I have a lot of things that I still want to accomplish but haven't done yet. I made a list and I've got a lot of things to do.
 |
The Rock elder Kahl ran over with Dori. Solid.
|
 |
Our lunch last Sunday. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!
|
 |
Elder Kahl and a church.
|
 |
Me, Elder Gutierrez and Elder Kahl
|
This week we unfortunately didn't get to work in our area. We passed by looking for Estephanie three times but they've been having problems where she has been living and so it´s been really hard to find her. But we're working with her a lot because she has such a great spirit about her.
Monday was kinda crazy we were going to have a leadership meeting that night for all of the new possible leaders of the mission. We made all of the plans Sunday night and then we decided that it would be better just to teach them all separately in the round trip we would be making that week.
 |
| Food baskets! I don’t know how everyone carries everything on their head! It's heavy and hurts! |
 |
| EL CODO!!!! Here's a reminder of what your average street in El Codo looks like. |
 |
| Pictures of Hocote trees. I never sent a photo of these trees. |
 |
They're super crazy looking and the fruit is delicious!
|
 |
| El Codo house. Man I’m so glad to be out of that houses! |
Tuesday we headed to Las Palmas here in Reu. We had a great meeting. Hermana Ruiz talked to us about how to to have the spirit with us always. She told us that a missionary without the spirit doesn't work the way the Lord wants us to work. That's something that I've been working on. Working the the way The Lord wants us to work. Presidente Ruiz talked about having a new level of Fasting.
Fasting for those of you that are unfamiliar with it is to go 24 hours without food or water. The main focus of a fast is the prayer. It should always be started with a fervent prayer to our Heavenly Father. And the whole period should be filled with a constant prayer in our hearts. In the mission we have been fasting every week sometimes twice a week for the people we teach and for personal revelation. But we learned from President that it can be more. Every time we fast we don't pray, we plead. We should receive our answers to prayer every time we are fasting. That is what a fast does for us, It brings us closer to our Heavenly Father and it strengthens the line our connection and revelation He gives us.
I would invite all those struggling with something in their lives to fast. Even if it is the first time. I promise you that a prayer will be answered, the peace will come and an answer will be given.
We also shared a message about our privileges and potential. It was based mostly on the video from President Uchtdorf's talk where a man boards a cruise ship and to minimize his expenses, lives in his room eating beans and crackers. Only to then realize that everything on the ship was free with the purchase of a ticket. Thus living completely underneath his privileges.
-your-potential-your-privileges
A miracle every day, (and I would add everyone in the world) is entitled to have a miracle, A spiritual experience and personal revelation every day. EVERYDAY!!! When was the last time you saw a miracle? When was the last time you had a spiritual experience (talking with someone, having an inspired thought reading the scriptures?) Because it can happen everyday.
To many times people come on the mission just to come on the trip. And they live completely under their privilege and potential. Every missionary should have miracles happen. However we can´t ask for these things if we are not doing our work. I like what our Elders Quorum President said his mom had told him ''No pidas bendiciones si no estas cumpliendo tus asignaciones'' Or "Don't ask for blessings if you're not fulfilling your assignments."
We also learned about the cycle of Humility. In the Book of Mormon there is a common pattern of the pride cycle. Where the Nefitas are poor and then God blesses them then they prosper and become prideful and they are compelled to be humble again. and so proceeds the cycle.
How ever there is also a humility cycle. If we can humble ourselves before we are compelled to be humble so much greater will be our benefit.
I hit that cycle this week. My prayers have been better, I had an improved fast this week. And I received the answers I needed. I know that God's plan is the best plan. And if we can accept His will before our own, we will receive His blessings and not our own.
I love the Lord. And I love my Father in Heaven. And I love this people of Guatemala.
Love,
Elder Pugmire
 |
| There's been an out break of these bugs all over Guatemala for the Mango season!
They’re super gross! |
 |
| Pizza en Mazate! With Mazate Lincoln and Mazate. |
 |
?, Elder Cook, Elder Moreno and me
|
 |
| Me and Elder Kahl with our new poster. ‘’We teach, rejoice, preach and prophecy of Christ.’’
Credits to Elder Taylor for an awesome job on the Poster. |
 |
| Me and a big Great Dane! It’s rare to get a nice looking dog here in Guatemala. |
 |
| Me, Elder Taylor and Elder Kahl at a members house for lunch! |
 |
| Elder Kahl and his Banana Bread from XELA PAN! |
 |
| Chow mien. It’s a dish the members love to serve to the missionaries! |
No comments:
Post a Comment