So this week was ridiculously fast! Time is going by way too quickly! So Tuesday we did the change meeting where we hid all of the changes in envelopes all over the chapel and had everyone go and look for them! Then we spent the rest of the day visiting our investigatores and also saying good by for my companion. He was pretty sad to be finishing the mission. We spent the night packing bags and such and then headed out bright and early the next morning to the Change meeting in Reu.
My new companion is Elder Huesca! He's from Mexico and a pretty fun guy! He's from the same group as my Dad who finishes his mission this next change! I thought I was going to be killing another companion 3 changes in a row but he extended a little so I'm probably going to get changed out before then but still... It'd be crazy!
This week we honestly didn't get much missionary work done. Actually, I guess we kinda did but it didn't feel like it. On Thursday we did divisions and I stayed here in Coatepeque with an elder named Elder Flores. He's from Nicaragua and super funny too! We basically ran errands because we are going to be holding an activity in the central park of Coatepeque and we had to go through the formal process of asking permission from the Governor and all of that stuff. . .writing letters of solicitud and everything. . . But all is turning out great! We're going to launch 100 floating lanterns. I'm pretty sure all of the mega paca is going to be there because they all were like, ''Are you gonna launch all of those at the same time?! How many did you buy!? Where are you gonna launch them off.!?'' And we were like, " Well as a matter of fact we are going to have an activity at 6 on Friday to launch all of them off. And you are all invited!" They are all super pumped! We assigned Elders to get interviewed and announce it on TV. We have a radio ad going. I've got a feeling it's gonna be a huge event. We're just working on a way so that we can contact everyone that comes. But we're super pumped for it! So we're basically just making preparations for that. We're running crazy!
We did have some awesome new people that we found to teach and we had 8 people come to the church! We're working with a Joven named Denis. He's come to church a few times and was hoping that he's going to get baptized this week! Not much new happened this week just spent the week getting permission for the central!
Hope all is well!
Love,
Elder Pugmire
 |
| These birds line these wires every night. I’m not sure why, but they’re a problem for everyone that passes under them. |
 |
| Me and Elder Keck. |
 |
| Your standard Guatemalan road. |
 |
| Me and Elder Sanchez |
 |
| I and Elder Elggren right after this crazy looking bug flew right by us. |
 |
| That crazy bug…. |
 |
| Me, Elder Johnson, and Elder Keck |
 |
| We wrapped a ton of copies of the Book of Mormon to give away during the activities that we are doing. |
 |
| Me and my comp. |
 |
| Me and Elder Graham |
 |
| Me and Elder Aceituno. |
No comments:
Post a Comment