This week I got to do divisions with Elder Lovett, our District Leader. He's super cool and a
great missionary. We taught a bunch of our investigators and he interviewed Milton. Milton is just a miracle. I think I've told you before but he comes to church on his own and just loves The Book of Mormon. He knows that it's true and this Sunday he told us that he wants to get baptized because he received an answer from God that it is what he should do. So that was super exciting. The only problem is that his mom doesn't want him to get baptized again. We tried to explain everything to her but here the churches do a really good job of confusing the people. That's probably the biggest challenge that we have...combating the lies that are taught to almost everyone. It makes it really hard for some people to change their beliefs. We're praying and fasting for Milton's Mom that she can give him permission. He really needs this in his life, he's been making some great changes, but if his Mom doesn't give him permission, I think that it's gonna be tough for him to keep making these changes without support from his mom.
Funny
story of the week was we were visiting this lady and her son was eating a
banana and his tooth fell out and man this kid freaked out! He started running all over the house screaming ''VOY A MORIR'!!!!' I'm gonna die! It was actually quite funny to us three but not to him.
We
also had another miracle happen on Friday. We were looking through our area book and found a reference of a lady that lives kinda far away. We didn't have plans to go visit her until Saturday but we both felt like we should go on Friday. So we went and started talking to her. She told us that like a year ago her husband died in an accident and that very day she was thinking about what it was like when she went to visit the temple open house 6 years ago. She told us about the peace and tranquility she felt there and told us she wanted that in her life. We told her that it wasn't a coincidence that we showed up on that very day to visit her. We both felt like she's going to progress in the church really fast.
So
that's life here! Some more fun facts... You can build a house with concrete, rebar, block, and lamina. It's super easy. That's how almost all the houses here are built. The people are really short. I'll send a
picture of a guy named Sheiden who isn't a member... yet..... but in the future will be because he is super cool! He's like 30 and well you can see just not that tall. So that's life! Hope that all is well! I miss and love all of you and hope that life is going great!
I'm not sure if this happened this week or last but we got robbed. I also hadn't included this in my original emails home just to not have mom worry. I woke up and went to put some hymns on my speaker like I usually do but realized that it wasn't on my desk where it normally is. It was scary basically someone had come in and taken a ton of stuff, and even came into my room! Good thing I'm a heavy sleeper, I probably scared them off with my sleep talking. They made off with my companion's cameras and some money. However, I had two miracles and also think the guy was way dumb. He stole all the coins that I had leftover but if he would have flipped over a paper next to it he would have seen all the money I had recently pulled out for the month. Also, they had rummaged through my entire backpack, every pocket was open except one. Inside that one pocket was my camera! I was so grateful for that!
I'm not sure if this happened this week or last but we got robbed. I also hadn't included this in my original emails home just to not have mom worry. I woke up and went to put some hymns on my speaker like I usually do but realized that it wasn't on my desk where it normally is. It was scary basically someone had come in and taken a ton of stuff, and even came into my room! Good thing I'm a heavy sleeper, I probably scared them off with my sleep talking. They made off with my companion's cameras and some money. However, I had two miracles and also think the guy was way dumb. He stole all the coins that I had leftover but if he would have flipped over a paper next to it he would have seen all the money I had recently pulled out for the month. Also, they had rummaged through my entire backpack, every pocket was open except one. Inside that one pocket was my camera! I was so grateful for that!
Love,
Elder Pugmire
No comments:
Post a Comment