My comp at the restaurant where we ate! It was super good! We had this amazing pasta. . . probably worth at least 30$ in the states. . . with a soup and drink. But how much did it cost here?
38Q That's right 5 Bucks. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
 |
| My new Companion Elder Garboza |
WOW, THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING! So right now I'm in a super good mood because we are allowed to download Disney music!!!!! WHAAAZZZ UPPPP!!! I'm super pumped that in a few days when I buy my new speaker to be blasting out "Let it Go" in English and Spanish! Yup that's right the whole frozen video has a Spanish Song Track! WHAZZZS UPPPP WITH THAT!?! Anyway needless to say I'm super pumped!
This week was way good though! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble sending a lot of pictures. So I'm probably only gonna send a few due to time. This week the biggest thing that happened was we got to go to Multi-Zone Conference where one of the 70 of the Church President Ochoa came to visit us!
 |
| Elder Garboza |
 |
| District Mateo...Elder Pugmire, Elder Ellgren, Elder Evans, Elder Willden, Elder Fickes with 6 months of stories |
We learned so much from him and I took like four pages of notes! We've been trying to implement some of his teachings by looking for the people that are ready to accept the message we have for them and extending commitments more to be baptized and go to church. So that's been super amazing! We have had some miracle happen this week because of that. Also, I got to see Elder Evans Willden who I haven't seen in forever, and Elggren. They are all doing good and had some crazy stories except for Elder Evans who is still sick but still has a good attitude.
My new comp is absolutely amazing though! He is such a fantastic teacher and we get along super well! This last day we had some crazy experiences. we went to eat with an Hermana who was gonna feed us. We ate a delicious dinner and at the end Elder Solorio was leaning on their house when it broke. Ya, their house broke! The houses here aren't that sturdy and the wall caved in. Luckily he caught it before the tin roof came down. We quickly hurried and with my vast knowledge of knot tying (please use extreme sarcasm in reading this.... I have no idea how to tie knots!) tied their wall to some post that looked semi sturdy. So that was cool.
Today was super cool too! We went to the falls again so I got to go get all of my pictures from there again! So that was nice considering I've lost the others twice.
 |
| Zone Malacatan |
 |
| Elder Garboza and I. We went to the falls today which was good since my last pictures here got lost. |
 |
| Elder Walton from Cody WY! |
 |
| So this waterfall also has some hot springs by it that's what the orange is! HOT WATER! I wish that I could have showered in hot water there. |
 |
| Notice the bandage on my elbow, evidence of the stitches that were taken out, then reopened because there was an infection that had formed. The zone leaders hadn't purchased the medication I needed to keep it clean, but after I had to go get it restitched up I got them. |
This last Sunday was a complete miracle. We have really had a hard time getting people to come to visit the church. So we've been praying really hard that at least one person could come on Sunday. We called everyone we had been teaching and then went by their houses in the morning but every person we visited told us they couldn't go. So we went to go stop by some people that we met on the street that told us they would like to go sometime. When we got there we asked if they were gonna go and they told us they weren't ready. Which here in Guatemala means no. But the Joven about 15 years old jumped up and ran into the other house. We started talking to another guy who recently got like 76 stitches in his head from an accident he was in. Then all of a sudden two guys came out and said they were ready to go to church! So we went and had a great meeting. The Joven named Milton said he wanted to see a Book of Mormon because during the Testimony meeting everyone was saying that they knew it to be true. I gave him a copy and he started reading it and at the end of the meeting said it was a ''bonito libro'' so I told him he could keep it and he stayed the rest of the meetings! We also had 3 other people investigating the Church at the meeting! It was truly a miracle!
I'm so happy that we have the chance here to change the lives of people! I hope everyone is well! These next couple of days I complete 6 months in the mission! Man time flies!
I love you all I'll talk to you next week!
Love,
Elder Pugmire
No comments:
Post a Comment